POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Could not create image buffer? Server Time
6 May 2024 04:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Could not create image buffer? (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: Could not create image buffer?
Date: 1 Dec 2000 15:54:03
Message: <3A280FEA.E7FCB538@mac.com>
I was putting decals on my fighter's fuselage.  Anyone who has ever
built a model airplane knows that there are several markings in the
cockpit area, and I was using layers of mostly transparent pigments,
derived from Josh English's bottle labeling code.

Two layers were okay, but when I added the third, I got this message
when I tried to render:

Creating vista buffer.
Creating light buffers....
Displaying...
File init error.
Could not create image buffer. (Error: -108)
Reclaiming memory
-- [Stack] Total Stack space used = 5296 bytes
-- [Finish]  File=fusilage.pov,  Time=1/12/00  1:46:00 PM

What does this mean?  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a limit to the
number of transparent layers you can put on an object?

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.

Post a reply to this message

If I remember, you are using a Mac, right? If so, the image may be open by another
application. I also noted in some versions, that if you render to a PICT file, even if
the file is closed, POV-Ray won't let you write over the file, citing a similar error.

Josh

Dawn McKnight wrote:

> I was putting decals on my fighter's fuselage.  Anyone who has ever
> built a model airplane knows that there are several markings in the
> cockpit area, and I was using layers of mostly transparent pigments,
> derived from Josh English's bottle labeling code.
>
> Two layers were okay, but when I added the third, I got this message
> when I tried to render:
>
> Creating vista buffer.
> Creating light buffers....
> Displaying...
> File init error.
> Could not create image buffer. (Error: -108)
> Reclaiming memory
> -- [Stack] Total Stack space used = 5296 bytes
> -- [Finish]  File=fusilage.pov,  Time=1/12/00  1:46:00 PM
>
> What does this mean?  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a limit to the
> number of transparent layers you can put on an object?
>
> --
> Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
> McK### [at] maccom   |                                    -- Justine Devlin, M.D.

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom