POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : a bug.... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  a bug.... (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: a bug....
Date: 22 Jul 2002 06:07:58
Message: <3D3BDA61.A6E2CD1@u.arizona.edu>
I hope that this hasn't been brought up before, I've checked the known
bugs and didn't see it. I get a very strange result when I render the
following scene in Pov3.5:

camera {
  location  <0.0, 2, -4>
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

light_source { <-30, 30, -30>
  color rgb 1
}

plane { y, -.001
	pigment {
		checker
		color rgb 1
		color rgb .2
	}
}

cylinder { 0, y, 1
  texture { pigment { color rgbt <1,1,1,.8> } }
  scale <.5,1,.5>
}

The critical value seems to be the -.001 with the plane.  If I change it
to, for example -.00100001 everything works as it should.

	~Kevin Wampler~

Post a reply to this message

> I hope that this hasn't been brought up before, I've checked the known
> bugs and didn't see it. I get a very strange result when I render the
> following scene in Pov3.5:
>
> [...]

It seems strange indeed, but nothing new, it already occurs with 3.1.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 15 Jul. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______