POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Convention Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convention (Message 31 to 40 of 40)
From: Scott Hill
Subject: Re: Convention
Date: 4 Jun 2001 11:28:00
Message: <3b1ba900@news.povray.org>
news:3B1B970D.DFFF72F1@pacbell.net...

> Scott Hill wrote:
>
> >     I just think that 'a USA location' has been chosen merely for the
fact
> > that the people that suggested having a convention happen to live in
> > America...
>
> There was a UK convention a couple of years ago

    There was ? Wish I'd known about it at the time (or maybe I did and it
just slipped through the gaps in my memory)...

> and I don't recall anyone
> suggesting an alternate location at that time. Why should Americans act
> any differently ?

    Er, no reason, but why should the past affect what's done in the future
?

    Actually, I was mostly throwing the suggestion into the pot to see if it
would float or sink - it just seemed to me that, if we were to have one
single convention, somewhere neutral would be better.

--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*

Post a reply to this message