POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Convention : Re: Convention Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:07:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Convention
From: Scott Hill
Date: 4 Jun 2001 19:57:14
Message: <3b1c205a@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

> "Ken" <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote :
> >
> > There was a UK convention a couple of years ago and I don't recall
anyone
> > suggesting an alternate location at that time. Why should Americans act
> > any differently ?
>
>     Plus the fact that we -did- ask (or leave open the question) for
> alternate locations and no one stepped forward to offer themselves as
> organizer, liaison or victim. Since, so far, only two people have
> volunteered, and they are both in the USA, it might have to be here by
> default.

    1) I believe the idea of cross-posting it to .general was to get other
(i.e. those that don't frequent .off-topic) peoples opinions. Instead
someone merely posted their opinion of where it should be held and said
"Who's coming ?".
    2) There were plenty of suggestions of doing something outside America,
but someone ignored those suggestions and just posted their opinion of where
it should be held and said "Who's coming ?".

    That doesn't sound like 'focusing all discussion', that sounds like
someone trying to force their views onto everyone else.

--
Scott Hill.
Software Engineer.

*Everything in this message/post is purely IMHO and no-one-else's*