POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crash! Bang! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Crash! Bang! (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: Crash! Bang!
Date: 27 Nov 2000 21:23:14
Message: <3A231710.7DE83@mac.com>
Someone recently posted on here that a crash is always an error; that
the appropriate action for the program to take if there's something
wrong is to give an error message, not to crash.  So I'm posting this
code, which makes POV do just that.

I am using POV-Ray, version 3.1g for Macintosh, on a G3/300 running OS
9.0.4, with 160mb RAM.  I know code shouldn't normally be posted in this
group, but this is /really/ short, as I was looking at how height fields
work.  I suspect my slopes are too abrupt or too confused, but here it
is.  You can find the image I was using to create the height field at
<http://www.coyotesdaughter.com/dawn/newworld.gif>.

#include "colors.inc"

light_source { <0, 10, 0> White }

camera {
	location <0, 3, 0>
	look_at 0
	} // close camera

height_field {
	gif
	"newworld.gif"
	//smooth
	pigment { Red }
	}

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.

Post a reply to this message

In article <3A2### [at] maccom> , Dawn McKnight <mck### [at] maccom>
wrote:

> Someone recently posted on here that a crash is always an error; that
> the appropriate action for the program to take if there's something
> wrong is to give an error message, not to crash.  So I'm posting this
> code, which makes POV do just that.
>
> I am using POV-Ray, version 3.1g for Macintosh, on a G3/300 running OS
> 9.0.4, with 160mb RAM.  I know code shouldn't normally be posted in this
> group, but this is /really/ short, as I was looking at how height fields
> work.  I suspect my slopes are too abrupt or too confused, but here it
> is.  You can find the image I was using to create the height field at
> <http://www.coyotesdaughter.com/dawn/newworld.gif>.

Please check the POV-Ray documentation folder and fill out the bug report
form. then send this form to mac### [at] povrayorg

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.