POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crash! Bang! : Crash! Bang! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Crash! Bang!
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 27 Nov 2000 21:23:14
Message: <3A231710.7DE83@mac.com>
Someone recently posted on here that a crash is always an error; that
the appropriate action for the program to take if there's something
wrong is to give an error message, not to crash.  So I'm posting this
code, which makes POV do just that.

I am using POV-Ray, version 3.1g for Macintosh, on a G3/300 running OS
9.0.4, with 160mb RAM.  I know code shouldn't normally be posted in this
group, but this is /really/ short, as I was looking at how height fields
work.  I suspect my slopes are too abrupt or too confused, but here it
is.  You can find the image I was using to create the height field at
<http://www.coyotesdaughter.com/dawn/newworld.gif>.

#include "colors.inc"

light_source { <0, 10, 0> White }

camera {
	location <0, 3, 0>
	look_at 0
	} // close camera

height_field {
	gif
	"newworld.gif"
	//smooth
	pigment { Red }
	}

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.