POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crash! Bang! : Re: Crash! Bang! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash! Bang!
From: Ken
Date: 27 Nov 2000 22:47:09
Message: <3A232B64.7E9DE15F@pacbell.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Please check the POV-Ray documentation folder and fill out the bug report
> form. then send this form to mac### [at] povrayorg

This is one of the oldest bugs that I know of. It has something
to do with the camera being at x+z = 0 while using look_at = 0.

i.e. -

camera {
        location <0, 3, 0>
        look_at 0
        }

If you change it to something like -

camera {
        location <0, 3, 0>
        look_at <0,0, -0.01>
        }

the crash will not happen. A divide by zero bug maybe ?