POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No ground fog, why? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  No ground fog, why? (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: No ground fog, why?
Date: 20 Sep 2000 10:16:41
Message: <39C8C6BF.451310E2@alleganisd.org>
Here is a scene I am trying to render with POV 3.1g for win 98.
No ground fog ever appears. Why?
// Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
// File: ?.pov
// Vers: 3.1
// Desc: Basic Scene Example
// Date: mm/dd/yy
// Auth: ?[esp]
//

#version 3.1;

#include "colors.inc"
#include "tex.inc" //contains the texture definition.

global_settings
{
  assumed_gamma 1.4
}
default {texture {pigment {color Red}} }
//#include "fog.inc"
fog { fog_type 2 //Layer: Layer2
    rgb <0.620, 0.000, 0.000>
    fog_offset 6
    fog_alt 0.5 //fade away rate
} //fog

// ----------------------------------------
camera
{
  location  <0.0, 0.5, -4.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     4/3*x
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

sky_sphere
{
  pigment
  {
    gradient y
    color_map { [0.0 color blue 0.6] [1.0 color rgb 1] }
  }
}

light_source
{
  0*x // light's position (translated below)
  color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

light_source
{
  0*x // light's position (translated below)
  color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0  // light's color
  translate <30, -30, -30>
}

// ----------------------------------------

//#include "shape.inc" //has preview shape
plane { y, -1 pigment {color rgb <0.7,0.5,0.3>}}

sphere { 0.0, 1 //start of shape
    texture { Texture1 }
} //Sphere

--
See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
lists free internet access providers.

Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
code and hints.
At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/

Post a reply to this message