POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No ground fog, why? : Re: No ground fog, why? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No ground fog, why?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Sep 2000 23:07:35
Message: <39c97b77@news.povray.org>
news:39c8d2d0$1@news.povray.org...
| In article <39c8cb76@news.povray.org> , "Bob Hughes"
| <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:
|
| > Put the keyword "hollow" into the sky_sphere.
|
| This is nonsense.  They keyword hollow does not belong in the sky_sphere
(in
| fact it won't work there at all!).   sky_sphere does not have any volume,
it
| is infinite - otherwise you would also get the "camera in non-hollow
object"
| warning!   sky_spheres are explained in the POV-Ray manual.

Curiously the Scene Help doesn't mention that fact in the section The Sky
Sphere or the fog sections either from what I could see there.
I hate to lead people astray like that, sorry.  Glad you corrected me
Thorsten.
I still use sphere instead of sky_sphere so much it's second nature to add
hollow to that anyway.  Guess when I make the mistake and get the error when
putting hollow into one that I don't think twice about it and remove it.

Bob