POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Collison Detecion in Povray? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:03 EDT (-0400)
  Collison Detecion in Povray? (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: GrimDude
Subject: Re: Collison Detecion in Povray?
Date: 4 Sep 2000 20:54:05
Message: <39b4442d@news.povray.org>
Ah, I knew that... :)

Grim

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 5 Sep 2000 10:19:23
Message: <39b500eb@news.povray.org>
Josh English <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote:
: If you have a bunch of spheres, then collision detection is easy, but
: costly in parsing time.

  You mean easy relatively speaking?-)

  Yes, it's easy in the sense that you can easily write the appropriate code
with pov-script (even with pov3.1).

  But the math is not so easy. You need to know some physics math (momentum
calculations and so on) to get the collisions, resulting speeds and directions,
etc accurately.
  For example, it's not easy at all to make the math to simulate a pool
game (and this is in 2D).