POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Collison Detecion in Povray? : Re: Collison Detecion in Povray? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Collison Detecion in Povray?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 6 Sep 2000 10:48:55
Message: <39B65814.30379B1B@my-dejanews.com>
The problem is easy if you limits your desires to one or more of the following:
    1) Have collision avoidance, where a flock of particles each exert a
REPULSIVE FORCE on each other;
    2) Have a particle STEER to find lower-collision-probability directions for
travel;
    3) Have one particle be treated as a point, with no limits on the complexity,
concavity, tortuosity, etc., of the object it collides into.

I have examples of all of these on my page (which BTW might not be functional as
of this hour) at: