POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  4.0 Feature discussion (Message 21 to 30 of 94)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
Date: 8 Sep 2000 11:20:02
Message: <39b903a2@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:
: How much does it increase it?

  Too much.

  It's probably a quite small percent of the rendering time in the final pass,
but even small slowdown is too much.

: If it actually throws away the first few scans, then it's much less useful**1
: and not like Bryce's progressive render as I understand it.

  Firstly: Why would you want a progressive render in the final image?

  Secondly: With progressive render you can't use antialiasing.

: **1 If you're doing command line rendering, yeah, it's no biggie either type
: +SP or not type it.  If you have to edit your INI each time, it's more of a
: biggie.

  When I use winpov I use the command line field. You can get it with ALT-C
if I remember correctly.