POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests for POV 3.5 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Feature requests for POV 3.5 (Message 16 to 25 of 35)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Feature requests for POV 3.5
Date: 11 Aug 2000 05:17:49
Message: <3993c4bd@news.povray.org>
David Fontaine <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:
: BTW, this FAQ also talks about non-uniform transformations, saying they are only
: possible in mesh modellers by moving the vertexes. Indded they are quite
: possible in MegaPOV isosurfaces.

  Firstly: You can't modify an arbitrary object with an isosurface.

  Secondly: Yes, you can modify an isosurface function with another function.
But is this really a transformation? When you modify a function with another
function, you just create a third function. There are no specific
transformations involved.
  Yes, you can, for example, convert a cylinder-shaped isosurface into a
cone-shaped isosurface. This is, however, done by actually creating another
function, not by transforming.
  Of course it is possible to think that any transformations are possible
for an isosurface if you like.