POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests for POV 3.5 : Re: Feature requests for POV 3.5 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature requests for POV 3.5
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Aug 2000 16:54:48
Message: <chrishuff-30BE59.15555411082000@news.povray.org>
In article <39945B44.5BBE192C@club-internet.fr>, Francois Dispot
<woz### [at] club-internetfr> wrote:

> Wouldn't the proximity pattern allow such a thing?
> OK, I know, it's not possible to give an example before 2050 because of
> rendering times...

The granularity would be a problem...but I am thinking of a way to add
per-object proximity functions, so some objects could have their own,
much computationally cheaper way of calculating proximity. The proximity
pattern might become useful in isosurfaces then...
My blob pattern isn't limited to blob components, it can also use boxes,
pigments, and other components are planned(torus, superellipsoid, etc.).
I have had good results with using it in isosurfaces.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/