POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I dont believe I did that! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  I dont believe I did that! (Message 21 to 30 of 36)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: I dont believe I did that!
Date: 9 Aug 2000 13:04:34
Message: <chrishuff-A021FA.12053809082000@news.povray.org>
In article <399109b6@news.povray.org>, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:

> Ken is right - there's no way on earth I could have come up with
> that.

I thought it was pretty basic...just remap the values, and clamp to the
[0, 1] range to produce the plateaus. Isosurface functions were the
natural choice for this, since they can be used as a pattern and have
access to the noise function.

> Thank you Nathan for the help and Chris for the iso suggestion.
> There are other patterns affected by the change, will the same
> function work for them?

Yes and no...you could rebuild the patterns in function form, but it
wouldn't be easy for some. It would be easier to use the pigment_pattern
for these. However, I think bozo/bumps/spotted were the main
problem...the other patterns might work fine.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message