POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I dont believe I did that! : Re: I dont believe I did that! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I dont believe I did that!
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 13 Aug 2000 13:37:52
Message: <3996dcf0@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote...
> The affected patterns include:
> crackle(with "solid" on, at least)

Only crackle solid is affected.  The old-style crackle does not use noise.

> And of course, the ridged multifractal functions.

Hmm... I forgot about those.

> In addition, anything
> using turbulence will be affected.

Actually, not everything.  There are two kinds of turbulence in POV.  The
first one, "Turbulence," uses the "Noise" function which is affected.  The
second one, "DTurbulence," which uses the 3D "DNoise" is not affected.  The
following patterns will use "Turbulence" if "classic" turbulence is used.
All other patterns, and all turbulence warps use DTurbulence and are
therefore not affected.

Classic turbulence affected for:
marble
spiral1
spiral2
fog

Also, iridescence uses the "Turbulence" funciton, so it is affected by the
change.

-Nathan