POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  New POV-Ray page design ? (Message 57 to 66 of 106)
From: Mark Gordon
Subject: Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
Date: 20 Jun 2000 01:15:34
Message: <394EFF9B.173D7A22@mailbag.com>
Rune wrote:

> Some more clothes would be appropriate...

Agreed.  Realistic cloth makes for very impressive graphics.

So ... any volunteers to model her some more modest clothing?

-Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message

From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 20 Jun 2000 04:42:33
Message: <394f2e79@news.povray.org>
OH THAT WOMAN ANNOYS ME!

- It scares people away, because of the semi-nudity.
- It's so un-povish.
- It's ugly.

No, seriously. I think that having a semi-nude model not even generated in
Povray on the front page; splashing in your face like that can scare some
people away; especially younger people. And _I'd_ doubt the seriousness of
the product.

And certainly no-one wants to claim that this is made in Povray. Rendered,
perhaps, but that's not good enough; whatever reason the designer had to put
it up.

And it's not a very pretty woman, either. Too skinny. That kind of woman
that makes girls try to loose weight, and so on. I mean it.

Regards,
Simen Kvaal.

>Poser girl, which I find too Poseresque (that hair, ahem..) and not a
>good demo for the mapping abilities that should be in Povray 3.5.
>What do people think ?
>G.

Post a reply to this message