POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray page design ? : Re: New POV-Ray page design ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray page design ?
From: Simen Kvaal
Date: 20 Jun 2000 04:50:12
Message: <394f3044$1@news.povray.org>
Those "Under Construction" messages really are bad to the side. It very
unproffessional to even think of leaving such a message. In general,
designers should rather write something in general about that section,
instead of leaving such a big gap. And especially when the UC/FP-ratio is so
high... (Under Construction vs. Finished Page).

One might argue that the colors are a bit dark. There's in general no
problem with dark colors, but here the contrast on the menu-side is way too
low. It looked fine on my monitor, but that's because of my settings and the
lightning in my room at this time ... ;-)

I'm also sick and tired of the Comic Sans (TM) font. This font is over-used
and should be avoided at all cost. I must say that in this context, it works
better than in other places I've seen, though. There are so many good,
freeware fonts out there, so finding something _a bit_ more original
shouldn't be any problem.

Regards (again)
Simen Kvaal.