POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVLOGO Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:35:28 EDT (-0400)
  POVLOGO (Message 1 to 10 of 39)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: POVLOGO
Date: 1 May 2000 08:52:45
Message: <390d7e1d@news.povray.org>
In my humble opinion, the pov logo should be submitted as a short piece of
code, perhaps a macro, that allows the user to texture, scale and position
the object in the way that best suits them.

The competition should be both for simplicity and style, both in the image
and in the code.

See my example in pbi, not intended as a finished work. But as it is it
could be a reflective sphere and an (interior) checkered plane if you wanted
it to be...

One could make this as diverse, as intricate, or as black and white
simplistic as one wants, and at any resolution. The POVTeam could use it (or
any other submitted in this form) to generate their own trademarked images
for promotional or identification purposes.

Just an Idea...

Post a reply to this message