POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mathematics for lines in 3D space Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  mathematics for lines in 3D space (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Erick
Subject: mathematics for lines in 3D space
Date: 13 Mar 2000 16:32:48
Message: <38cd5e80@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I wondered if there is an easy way to make threedimensional curves using a
mathematical function, ideally precisely between two points . How could this
be done in POV-ray?

Previously, many people made spirals by combining a lot of spheres with
their coordinates following a spiral calculation. Isn't there a more
appropriate and direct way to do so? And, more interestingly,  following
completely different paths.

Maybe I expect too much of POV-ray.
Greetings, Erick

Post a reply to this message

But it you want a line between two points - it will only be straight one...

--
Mike

wk: mik### [at] pyxiscom  www.pyxis.com
hm: mwe### [at] sciticom  www.geocities.com/mikepweber

"Erick" <ejv### [at] wxsnl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I wondered if there is an easy way to make threedimensional curves using a
> mathematical function, ideally precisely between two points . How could
this
> be done in POV-ray?
>
> Previously, many people made spirals by combining a lot of spheres with
> their coordinates following a spiral calculation. Isn't there a more
> appropriate and direct way to do so? And, more interestingly,  following
> completely different paths.
>
> Maybe I expect too much of POV-ray.
> Greetings, Erick

Post a reply to this message