POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mathematics for lines in 3D space : Re: mathematics for lines in 3D space Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mathematics for lines in 3D space
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 16 Mar 2000 15:20:57
Message: <38d14229@news.povray.org>
"Mike Williams" <mik### [at] nospamplease> wrote :

> Do you mean something like this?

    Yes, very much like that. And I must say that you beat me to it by about
30 years, but I was working on it. As a progress report, so far I had looked
over the math courses available by telepresence at our local community
college.

    My goal was to make it a macro that would take four data points and draw
a line between the middle two like a cubic_spline. Then you could call the
macro as you read off groups of four data points from a larger array.

    I anticipate that with the help of your function, it will take me about
15 years, you are welcome to beat me to it again... 8-)