POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another Links Page Question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Another Links Page Question (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Ken
Subject: Another Links Page Question
Date: 1 Apr 2000 02:19:52
Message: <38E5A34F.A2192F80@pacbell.net>
POV-Users,

Do you want me to announce when I have made a sizable update to the
links pages at povray.org ?

For example tonight I added 14 new links to the site. That accounts
for about 1 - 2 seeks worth of submissions or adds that I make myself.
I don't know how often or how regularly you people check for new
additions to the site and you may be missing out on some great new
resources to explore. You can alway tell which are the newest links
added by way of the "25 most recent links" list at the bottom of the
links entry page. Those at the top are the most recent and those at
the bottom are the 'oldest' new links added.

If you people want it let me know, if not...

More than a dozen new ones does seem "sizable" for just 1 to 2 weeks.  I should
check into that 25 Most Recent part more often.  Only thing I see wrong with
making announcements every time there are so many additions is the extra effort
for you, otherwise I like to be nudged so I know about things so TIA if you do.
However I was thinking that if the home page at www.povray.org could display a
graphic and/or words to tell of such things with news flashes it could be all
the better.  Something to keep a sense of newness going there.

Bob

| POV-Users,
|
| Do you want me to announce when I have made a sizable update to the
| links pages at povray.org ?
|
| For example tonight I added 14 new links to the site. That accounts
| for about 1 - 2 seeks worth of submissions or adds that I make myself.
| I don't know how often or how regularly you people check for new
| additions to the site and you may be missing out on some great new
| resources to explore. You can alway tell which are the newest links
| added by way of the "25 most recent links" list at the bottom of the
| links entry page. Those at the top are the most recent and those at
| the bottom are the 'oldest' new links added.
|
| If you people want it let me know, if not...
|
| --
| Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:
| http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html http://www.povray.org/links/

Post a reply to this message