POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another Links Page Question : Re: Another Links Page Question Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Links Page Question
From: Ken
Date: 1 Apr 2000 03:10:07
Message: <38E5AF15.71F54D8D@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> More than a dozen new ones does seem "sizable" for just 1 to 2 weeks.  I should
> check into that 25 Most Recent part more often.  Only thing I see wrong with
> making announcements every time there are so many additions is the extra effort
> for you, otherwise I like to be nudged so I know about things so TIA if you do.

It would only take me a minute to post an announcement. I wouldn't call that
an overwhelming burden and I wouldn't have offered if I didn't feel up to the
task.

> However I was thinking that if the home page at www.povray.org could display a
> graphic and/or words to tell of such things with news flashes it could be all
> the better.  Something to keep a sense of newness going there.

I think the novelty of that would wear off in a short time. You wouldn't
believe how impervious I am to flashing banner ads at web sites now. I
don't even consciously see them anymore. Anyway Mr. Cason plans on doing
a major site redesign sometime in the future and perhaps we can improve
the presentation and visibility of the links page when that happens.