POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Different error messages for same POV-file Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Different error messages for same POV-file (Message 5 to 14 of 24)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Re: Different error messages for same POV-file
Date: 13 Mar 2000 17:34:20
Message: <38CD6BF2.D5D56C4D@hotmail.com>
Hello mr. art

Thanks for replying.

Right now I did try to replace the s with other
variable names, but it didn't stop those ever-
changing error messages.

I'm just using plain POV-Ray (v3.1g) for Windows
(Not MegaPOV).

I looked up reserved identifiers and keywords in
the help file, but I could not find 's' listed
for this plain version of POV-Ray.

Regards

Tor Olav

mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html

"mr.art" wrote:

> I know that these are not directly part of the problem,
> but, s seems to be flagged as a reserved word in MegaPOV.
>
> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm trying to make some macros to enable me to
> > experiment with different rotation matrix's. (That I
> > later will apply to 3D vectors to get the desired
> > rotation of the vector.)
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> > #macro Mscale(s, MM)
> >
> >   #local NN = array[3]
> >   #local NN[0] = s*MM[0];
> >   #local NN[1] = s*MM[1];
> >   #local NN[2] = s*MM[2];
> >
> >   MM
> >
> > #end
> >
> > #macro Minv(MM)
> >
> >   #local NN = array[3]
> >   #local PP = array[3]
> >   #local QQ = array[3]
> >   #local s = 1/Mdet(MM);
> >   #local NN = Mcof(MM)
> >   #local PP = Mtrans(NN)
> >   #local QQ = Mscale(s, PP)
> >
> >   QQ
> >
> > #end
>
> --
> Mr. Art
>
> "Often the appearance of reality is more important
> than the reality of the appearance."
> Bill DeWitt 2000

Post a reply to this message