POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4 (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Nieminen Juha
Subject: Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4
Date: 12 Nov 1999 10:07:29
Message: <382c2d31@news.povray.org>
I think it should be a good idea to remove the keyword "hollow" from
the next version of povray (and replace it with a more descriptive keyword).
It only causes lots of confusion among new users and it doesn't really
describe its purpose.
  This suggestion is not as bad is it may sound. This has already happened:
the "refraction" keyword has become obsolete. Also all the old halo stuff
has been removed. Things have been moved from "finish" to "interior".
Radiosity will probably change in the near future.
  Removing "hollow" may cause problems at the beginning, but in the long run
it will do just good.

  I have to admit that I don't have any good idea for an alternative keyword.

>   I have to admit that I don't have any good idea for an alternative keyword.

inside ?