POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4 : Re: Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4
From: TonyB
Date: 16 Nov 1999 06:24:09
Message: <38313ed9@news.povray.org>
>  It would also be nice if we could specify which light sources illuminate
>the object and which don't. Or object-specific light sources, which only
>illuminate that specific object (I think that this feature is very common
>in other renderers).

Isn't this available as the light_groups patch? From the SuperPatch docs:

Light Groups

syntax:

light_source {... groups "name1,name2,name3,..."}
object {... light_group "name1" no_shadow "name2"}
media {... light_group "!name3"}

defaults: light_group "all" no_shadow "none"

This is to control light interaction of media and objects. There can be a
max of 30 user defined Light groups, none and all are pre defined. groups
can be called anything but no spaces and they are delimited by commas with
the groups key word. All lights are automatically in the "all" group. if
light_group or no_shadow group contains a ! it is interpreted to mean all
lights not in the group that follows the !.

If a light doesn't interact with a media or object then no shadows are cast
from that object for that light.