POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4 : Re: Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 12 Nov 1999 10:58:17
Message: <382C39C3.48299A3D@peak.edu.ee>
Actually, I would change the way media currently works. I'd let all objects
(hollow or otherwise) contain media. 'Hollow' (or equivalent) would mean that
other object medias and global media can also enter the object.
The reasoning being that there are solid objects that can contain particulate
media (e.g. air bubbles in an ice cube). Indeed, when the media container is
given a pigment and/or a finish such a solid object is usually the desired
result. Currently POV doesn't provide for such cases.
I would recommend 'container' or 'media_bound' as replacement for 'hollow',
since with the suggested method such objects should mainly be used as invisible
bounding objects for media (smoke, clouds, etc).

Margus