POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4 : Re: Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Removing keyword "hollow" from pov3.5 or 4
From: Jerome M  BERGER
Date: 12 Nov 1999 19:16:35
Message: <382CADBD.64A3F0A7@enst.fr>
Charles wrote:

> With that in mind, I would propose that what is now known as
> "hollow" become the default condition of all objects, and that
> a replacement keyword "no_media" be added, being to media what
> "no_shadow" is to shadows. "hollow" could then be phased out the
> way refraction is now, generating a warning and having no effect
> (which would result in no negative impact on old scenes, since
> "hollowness" is then the default state anyway.)

	Well actually it would have a negative effect for non hollow objects,
but that could be fixed with the #version directive and I agree that it
would be more logical to have hollow be the standard state (at least as
soon as a media is specified...)

		Jerome

--

* they'll tell you what can't * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* be done and why...          * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger
* Then do it.                 *