POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV (Message 11 to 20 of 52)
From: Garage Inc
Subject: Re: Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV
Date: 13 Aug 1999 18:13:25
Message: <37B49884.9D9D7DA1@hotmail.com>
Erle Greer wrote:

> Does anyone know if the POV development team has considered adding parallel
> / distributed network rendering?

<snip>

I think PVM-POV meets these criteria, though it's only for the UNIX (AFAIK) and
is five kinds of hell to install.

E.

Post a reply to this message

From: newsadmin
Date: 16 Aug 1999 11:57:13
Message: <37bc1aa1.10946140@news.povray.org>
"Erle Greer" <greere_Spam_Me_Not_@evangel.edu> wrote:

>Does anyone know if the POV development team has considered adding parallel

Yes. I can't say if it'll be this century though. I hope to have a demo testbed
based around 3.1x later this year but I can't promise anything.

Post a reply to this message