POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV : Re: Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 Nov 2001 13:53:25
Message: <3bfd49a5$1@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns### [at] sirius666de> , Sven Heinzel
<Sir### [at] gmxnet>  wrote:

> Why is it not posible to render a picture with radiosity in parts? Does
> this mean +SRn and +ERn must not be used with radiosity scenes? I
> couldn't find any hint in the documentation.

Well, you can of course use them, but when assembling the picture it will
not look like you expect (it will not be identical to a whole render of the
same scene).  It has to do with the way the method called radiosity in
POV-Ray works.  It is a fundamental property of the method and cannot easily
be changed, just take Warps (and my) word for it.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.