POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Visions of "BLESS YOU!" (Message 26 to 35 of 65)
From: GRedway
Subject: Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
Date: 12 Aug 1999 17:47:38
Message: <37B30DCD.288B33BC@Totalise.co.uk>
>>1.  The new millennium *technically* starts on 01/01/2001 ;-)  I just had to say it!
 hehe!<<

Are you taking in to account of the fact they hadn't been counting leap
years for quite some time?

	Graham.
P.S. No need to reply, this could drag on for too long.

Lance Birch wrote:

> >"I think you should post this in povray.general or
> >povray.binaries.animations
> >because we are really only here for the Internet Movie Project and the
> >themes have already been decided for it.
> >
> >--
> >Lance Birch
> >Remove the smiley to e-mail.
> >http://www1.tpgi.com.au/users/ambient/lance"
> >
> >He was quickly corrected and apologized and all went on OK. I had another
> >skirmish with him later on, but all was quickly settled. I have actually
> had
> >several 'battles' here, but the people are wonderful, intelligent people
> and
> >know how to end disputes quickly and in a civilized manner. I like that. =)
>

> but I've learnt my lesson now.  :)  No hard feelings?  (I will openly admit
> I'm very arrogant at times by the way, I'm just too young and naive I guess)
>
> In my little conclusionary statement to this whole thing (that seems to
> really be dragging out now):
>
> 1.  The new millennium *technically* starts on 01/01/2001 ;-)  I just had to
> say it!  hehe!
> 2.  Well it's nice to see that everyone's calmed down and got back to work.
> :)
> 3.  Thanks to everyone here that has helped me out.
> 4.  Thanks to the POV-Team for providing such a wonderful program and
> server!!!
> 5.  I hope that in my time here so far I've been of some help to all you
> wonderful people!
>
> "Keep on tracing!"
>
> --
> Lance.
>
> ---
> For the latest 3D Studio MAX plug-ins, images and much more, go to:
> The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
> For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
> Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind

Post a reply to this message

From: Lance Birch
Date: 13 Aug 1999 03:22:35
Message: <37b3c7bb@news.povray.org>

No, all I was saying is that in our current date system, according to the
date it will start on 01/01/2001 not 01/01/2000 (because there was no year
0).

I'm not saying the actual date we're using is valid.  After all some people
don't beleive in God and so that kinda wipes out the whole date structure
we've got anyway (starting from a point 0 I mean).  And of those that do
beleive in Christ, some say now that the date is out a few years anyway etc
etc.  And then there's the leap years.  It goes on and on :)

My only point was that because everyone seems to run by the current date
system (even if it is out a few years, which it probably is), the new
millennium technically, by mathematics, starts on 01/01/2001.  (and thus the
point about Y2K not being the new millennium and thus making the term
millennium bug wrong etc etc)

Anyway, this is way OT, I'm sorry I brought this up again.  I should know by
now to keep my mouth shut!!!  :)

Let's get back to raytracing!!!  8-)

--
Lance.

---
GRedway wrote in message <37B30DCD.288B33BC@Totalise.co.uk>...
>>>1.  The new millennium *technically* starts on 01/01/2001 ;-)  I just had
to say it!  hehe!<<

>Are you taking in to account of the fact they hadn't been counting leap
>years for quite some time?

Post a reply to this message