POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" : Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 13 Aug 1999 08:32:20
Message: <37b41054@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch <lan### [at] usanet> wrote in message

> No, all I was saying is that in our current date system, according to the
> date it will start on 01/01/2001 not 01/01/2000 (because there was no year
> 0).

    I don't really think there are many who don't get this concept... there
are some who argue over whether it is important. The big party is going to
be at the end of 1999. That will certainly be 1000 years (or a reasonable
facilities thereof) since the last big party. That one was certainly on the
wrong date (a year early, but talk to -them- about that) but ours will be
reasonably correct (ie: one millennium later).

    Of course on 12/31/200 a few disgruntled die-hards (who didn't go to
the -big- party) will put on pointed hats, hoist a glass of imported Ginger
Beer and mutter about the failure of the school system to teach the basics
of mathematics... 8-)