POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" : Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
From: Ken
Date: 13 Aug 1999 03:43:26
Message: <37B3CC2E.67A1B966@pacbell.net>
Lance Birch wrote:

> No, all I was saying is that in our current date system, according to the
> date it will start on 01/01/2001 not 01/01/2000 (because there was no year
> 0).

  Why would you need a year zero ? Going by the historical accounts the moment
that Christ was born would have been the first second of the first minute of
the first hour of the first day of year one. That is the only reference point
you need to validate the beginning of a period of time.

On a side note: The Romans had no mathmatical concept for the term zero.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: