POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visions of "BLESS YOU!" : Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!" Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visions of "BLESS YOU!"
From: Lance Birch
Date: 13 Aug 1999 05:02:31
Message: <37b3df27@news.povray.org>
>  Why would you need a year zero ? Going by the historical accounts the
moment

EXACTLY!!!  That's my EXACT point, there is no 0.  It's just the beginning.
You're in the 1st year, not the 0th (o-th?) yeah.

So on the year marked 1, you're in the 1st year (and 1 year has gone by when
you reach the END of that year)

So on the year marked 100, you're in the 100th year (and 100 years have gone
by when you reach the END of that year)

So on the year marked 1000, you're in the 1000th year (and 1000 years have
gone by when you reach the END of that year)

So on the year marked 2000, you're in the 2000th year (and 2000 years have
gone by when you reach the ***END*** of that year)

So when you get to 01/01/2000, 2000 years have not passed until the year has
ended, thus 01/01/2001 is the completion of 2000 years and the start of the
new millennium :)

Did anyone follow that?

--
Lance.

>On a side note: The Romans had no mathmatical concept for the term zero.

Hmm... I always wondered why I couldn't write 0 in Roman Numerals.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind