POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Paul Larson
Subject: Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder?
Date: 20 Jul 1999 17:30:06
Message: <3794F89E.1E3B2C73@purdue.edu>
I'm making a paint can and I want to put a logo on it.  The current
image can be found at:
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/larsonpg/paint-can.jpg
I have one cylinder with a metallic texture, and another with an
orange-striped texture (a la Porter Paints), which is the paper label.
Now the logo is simply a rectangle that will be on the label.  Does
anyone have a way of getting that logo on the label, aside from just
putting the logo on the texture itself and mapping that?

Thanks,
Paul

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/larsonpg

Post a reply to this message

Look in the docs for information about the image_map pigment.  You will
use this pigment (choose the appropriate type to get cylindrical mapping)
in the texture for the label.

-Nathan

Paul Larson wrote:

> I'm making a paint can and I want to put a logo on it.  The current
> image can be found at:
> http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/larsonpg/paint-can.jpg
> I have one cylinder with a metallic texture, and another with an
> orange-striped texture (a la Porter Paints), which is the paper label.
> Now the logo is simply a rectangle that will be on the label.  Does
> anyone have a way of getting that logo on the label, aside from just
> putting the logo on the texture itself and mapping that?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/larsonpg

Post a reply to this message

> Look in the docs for information about the image_map pigment.  You will
> use this pigment (choose the appropriate type to get cylindrical mapping)
> in the texture for the label.
>
> -Nathan

This sounds like another candidate for the VFAQ.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm