POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder? : Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder?
From: Paul Larson
Date: 20 Jul 1999 17:30:06
Message: <3794F89E.1E3B2C73@purdue.edu>
I'm making a paint can and I want to put a logo on it.  The current
image can be found at:
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/larsonpg/paint-can.jpg
I have one cylinder with a metallic texture, and another with an
orange-striped texture (a la Porter Paints), which is the paper label.
Now the logo is simply a rectangle that will be on the label.  Does
anyone have a way of getting that logo on the label, aside from just
putting the logo on the texture itself and mapping that?

Thanks,
Paul

http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/larsonpg