POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder? : Re: Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder?
From: Paul Larson
Date: 21 Jul 1999 09:57:17
Message: <3795E002.90B26F71@purdue.edu>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> Look in the docs for information about the image_map pigment.  You will
> use this pigment (choose the appropriate type to get cylindrical mapping)
> in the texture for the label.
>
> -Nathan

Nathan,

I'm already using the image_map pigment on this image.  If you look at the
image (http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/larsonpg/paint-can.jpg), you'll see
the orange-stripe texture.  That is an image_map with cylindrical mapping.
My question is, how could I get a rectangular logo on the paint can?  Could
I make another cylinder around the can and map the texture on that?  I tried
that but I had trouble scaling and rotating it.  The other option would
simply be placing the logo on the orange-stripe texture itself, I suppose.
Did any of this make sense? =)

-Paul