POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder? : Re: Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping image (not texture) on cylinder?
From: Josh English
Date: 21 Jul 1999 17:15:20
Message: <37963831.89A001C3@spiritone.com>
If the stripes are an image map, then yes, adding the logo to the image
with the stripes will be the easiest method.

Since cylinder image maps aren't that flexible, you would have to place
the label in a very wide canvas (aspect ratio of pi or 2 pi, I beleive)
with lots of space around it on all sides, and create an alpha channel
with that extra space black. then it can be placed.
I'd just add the original images together to make it simple.

On a  more complicated scene, I threw a label on a beer bottle:

http://www.spiritone.com/~english/cyclopedia/bottle.html

Joshua
eng### [at] spiritonecom