POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : city creating software Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:33:18 EDT (-0400)
  city creating software (Message 11 to 20 of 28)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Robert J Becraft
Subject: Re: city creating software
Date: 1 Jul 1999 07:44:45
Message: <377b54ad@news.povray.org>
My cityrich.jpg submission to the IRTC for Imaginary Places has a random
block generator.  You create the buildings you want placed in blocks and
then layout the blocks.

I use the same code to place people on the streets, boats in the water,
trees along the bank, and the tents in the marketplace.

It uses a "sparse" factor that allows you to adjust how dense the buildings
get laid out on a particular block.

See other cities I've generated with this technique by following the links
on the city gallery page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/6080/citygall.htm

Robert J Becraft
aka cas### [at] aolcom