POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : city creating software : Re: city creating software 2 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city creating software 2
From: Lance Birch
Date: 2 Jul 1999 11:16:04
Message: <377cd7b4@news.povray.org>
Chris Colefax wrote in message <377CCF9C.E5CDBC17@ledanet.com.au>...
>Matt Giwer wrote:
>>
>>         I know it is presumptuous of me to say but Mr. Colfax appears to
>> create things for those who can not do for themselves, perhaps
>> just showing off.
>>
>>         Taking the city for example, that would have made a great city
>> around 1920 or even 1940 maybe in some places but it still misses
>> the surrounding farmlands. And for today it certainly misses the
>> suburbs. If I wanted an Oakie city under a bubble in space I
>> would use it or the other. But as is, no. It is not realistic in
>> the least today.
>
>Oh, the slander... (and you misspelt my name to boot!).
>
>Well, Mr. Giuer/Giwer, I do believe this is the first time someone has
>actually taken offence at my offerings.  With my honour thus slighted,

Maybe he's just jealous ;-)

OK, no need to start a flame war it was JUST A JOKE!
Now back to on topic stuff here... I was looking through your includes
libraries etc etc and noticed something about particles systems.  I was
thinking... have you thought about making a particle media system based on
combining the particle systems you currently have with spheres of media for
the particles?  I talked to Peter Popov about this a while ago and
unfortunately haven't had the time to get the spcifications to him (sorry
Peter), but MAX has a really good system based on this... My question is, do
you think this would be too slow in POV-Ray?

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind