POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : city creating software : Re: city creating software 2 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city creating software 2
From: Peter Popov
Date: 2 Jul 1999 21:40:11
Message: <377e6933.38747170@204.213.191.228>
On Fri, 02 Jul 1999 20:19:35 +0300, Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee>
wrote:

>I've tried to model smoke with multiple containers (not that many, a few 1000s)
>but it was pretty slow. A particle system might need many more. I have doubts
>about the speed of this method. Perhaps you can give a few stats?
>
>Margus

Preliminary tests show that multiple particles is faster than multiple
media, and with better quality. For 100 particles render times were
like 2 vs. 5 minutes. Of course there's the problem with the high
max_trace_level and max_intersections that you might need...

I'll post more precise stats, test code, example images/anim tomorrow
(gimme some time to trace them)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700