POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.5 ideas Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:02:24 EDT (-0400)
  POV 3.5 ideas (Message 5 to 14 of 24)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Ken
Subject: Re: POV 3.5 ideas
Date: 28 May 1999 13:11:53
Message: <374EBFEA.757473CD@pacbell.net>
Mike wrote:

> How about phongless? :)
>
> -mike

What if it has metallic or specular highlighting ?

Would this keyword also affect the way reflection is calculated ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike
Date: 28 May 1999 13:24:24
Message: <374EC19C.39285F01@aol.com>
> Definitely needs a double_illuminate keyword, so you can make both sides
> of a surface be illuminated.

Personally, I'd rather have it handled differently.  Since the idea, to my
way of thinking, is to simulate translucency, it would be better to have a
more thorough treatment of it.  Both color_maps and image_maps should be
available to adjust the amount illumination that shows through and also
effect the coloration.

And since we're on wish lists, I'd really like to see some improvements to
bicubic patch.  The most important one is to do away with u and v steps and
handle the subdivision based on the output resolution.  This is the only way
I know of to insure perfect results.

These things are on my to-do list if I can find time 'to do' them.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message