POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.5 ideas : Re: POV 3.5 ideas Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:02:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.5 ideas
From: Ken
Date: 28 May 1999 21:09:53
Message: <374F2FF4.C28F97BC@pacbell.net>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

> > but if it helps you achieve this in your work as a side effect then
> > I am for that too.
    ^ ^   ^   ^    ^
>     No slur on your comment was intended and I regret that it may have
> seemed that way.

  No slur taken nor admonishment intended sir.

  I would like to stress though to anyone who will listen I feel strongly
that the sampling method currently used for the media feature is inadequate
for the process. It is not living up to it's expectations and a major feature
in the program is currently crippled as a result.
  Some of these other suggestions are nice luxury items but this is a feature
attraction that is is not working right or as well as it might. In my opinion
other newer additions can wait for important corrections or improvements. If
the choice comes down to time available only to work on one or the other I
personaly choose improving what we have over adding more onto a crippled
system

Proverb time:

... or as grampa used to say why buy a bucket to catch the water from
the leaky faucet when you can pay to fix the leak instead... or why paint
the car when the engine wont run... or...

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net