POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Command line questions... (DOS/WIN) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:09:07 EDT (-0400)
  Command line questions... (DOS/WIN) (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Timothy Farley
Subject: Command line questions... (DOS/WIN)
Date: 16 May 1999 23:30:40
Message: <373f7f50.0@news.povray.org>
Hello, I have a question, having grown tired of the decisively crude POV-Ray
Windows interface, I sought to run POV-Ray from within TextPad, a highly
customizable programmers editor (thanks for the idea Spider). It actually
works, however if I could tweak the POV-Ray UI just a little more, I would
be able to achieve precisely the goal I am hoping to attend, please read on.

Are there any command switches to supress the POV-Ray Message Windows
(DOS/WIN) and instead simply have all information simply displayed in a DOS
fashion to the standard output, in this case the monitor? In short, I am
hoping to completely hide the POV-Ray windows, and instead have all of the
pertinent information written directly to a black DOS screen, so that it can
be captured by TextPad and filled into the Console it supplies!

Thanks in advance -
Please respond via email also!

- Tim -

PS. If someone has any ideas on how I could achieve this, please let me
know! If the DOS version has the capability to supress the fancy 'curses'
style windowing system, then I will also need to find out if the rendered
image can be displayed in a Windows9x DOS box, as opposed to full screen.

Thanks again!

Post a reply to this message

Only thing that comes to mind is the -GAfilename to turn off text streams
or output to a file. There's something about redirecting this output to a
file as well in the Directing Text Streams to Files section of the Windows
versions Scene help file.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe