POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someday... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:40 EDT (-0400)
  Someday... (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Lewis
Subject: Someday...
Date: 8 May 1999 17:00:31
Message: <373497D7.B4F2CBB4@netvision.net.il>
I have been thinking about this idea for a while, ever since the Pov-Ray
festival idea came up and ever since my friend told me how he met his
newsgroup friends.

One day, probably not very soon (5 years or so) from now, I'd like to
organise a REAL pov-ray festival. It would be something like an actual
real-world (yes, there exists something like that. I heard the rendering
times are amazing over there...) meeting of all us POV enthusiasts
somewhere. It would be really nice to actullay meet the people here and
for a few days, do nothing but talk about pov, learn about pov, and
teach about pov. It would be great.

I think that this is not at all unrealistic, only not in the near
future. I'd say the 2006-7 would be reasonable. The main reason I'm
putting it off so long is that I'm actually going to be in the army for
4 years AT LEAST, so I can't really do anything for the next 4 years...

This may sound crazy, but heck, why not?

The main problem with this idea is that people don't have money to fly
around the world. This location problem can't really be solved in any
reasonable way. I, for one, don't see a way I could go anywhere futher
than Europe, and I doubt that as well. Right now, I can't go anywhere
(money, and besides I'm getting drafted).

That's all, I just like to dream and like the song says - "Dream on,
dream until your dream comes true."

Looking forward to meet you all (hehe) -

 Noam Lewis

Post a reply to this message