POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someday... : Re: Someday... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Someday...
From: Ken
Date: 9 May 1999 01:05:04
Message: <3734608E.BECDF45A@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> The U.S. would have a central meeting place of around 1250 miles of all.

  I would say closer to 1800 miles would be the extremes not including
the tip of Florida and the extention up in Maine. It is 1150 miles from
Los Angelus Ca to Denver Colo. and Denver is not mid country. La to
New York is aorund 3600 miles best route. I think the location that
would probably fit as the closest center would be of all places Lincoln
Neb. or maybe Kansas City Kansas neither one of which is the garden spot
of the nation in my been to both and care not much for them opinion.
Aspen Colo. would be an inspiraitonal location with lots of beautiful
landscape around to try to render :)

> I prefer driving (okay, I hate planes).

  How can someone living in the last year of this century manage to
have a hang up about planes ? I find that almost inconcievable.
I worry a bit about privately owned and maintained aircraft but
commercial airlines have my vote for the safest transportation
vehicle available. You are safer flying on an airline than walking
down a sidewalk on a busy street. You are not obligated to answer
to any of that. I just struck me as odd.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net