POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someday... : Re: Someday... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Someday...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 May 1999 00:20:08
Message: <3734FED6.BE9F9899@aol.com>
Nice sentiment, and yes you are probably right about the logistics of
getting a group together someplace, anyplace. Breaking it down into
regions might fare well. A North America region for instance. In fact, the
Europeans among us seems all the better situated for such a occurance. A
central hub there would be within a thousand miles or less for all. Or
about a 3 day drive, plus extra for the crossing of waters. The U.S. would
have a central meeting place of around 1250 miles of all.
Nearly the same goes for Australia but the distance or money and hardship
needed for travel gets to a certain point there. I prefer driving (okay, I
hate planes).
Anyway, a good idea if it were feasible somehow. There's a few people on
AOL who talked of getting together sometime also. At least a few of us are
within easy reach, that is to say, within a few hundred miles of a central
location.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe