POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someday... : Re: Someday... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Someday...
From: TonyB
Date: 9 May 1999 11:04:06
Message: <3735881F.286AA3F7@panama.phoenix.net>
Poor little me. Stuck in Panama. I'm probably the only person who uses
POV-Ray in this country. Well, I taught a friend, but he prefers his 3D
Studio. *sigh*

I can fly to the USA for a convention, but don't expect me to go to Europe
or Australia (though it would be very cool), and much less to pay to get in.
I don't think I could meet anybody at any non-POV conventions, since I don't
think I can afford it. It would have to be a 'freeware' convention with no
entry fee. OR, we could meet just outside of the SIGGRAPH convention! ;)

It would be nice if we could meet on an anniversary of POV-Ray. How old is
it anyway? 1999 - 1992 = 7 years! OK, so let's say on it's 10th anniversary
(day, month, and year) we could all meet somewhere. Hey, why not here in
Panama? (...brain to Anthony... ...brain to Anthony... dream on...) All you
would have to buy is a 2-way plane ticket. After that, things are pretty
cheap here. You wouldn't have to bring a lot of cash. I hope to see you in
twenty-two (2002)! It rimes. Cool.