POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someday... : Re: Someday... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Someday...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 May 1999 12:55:49
Message: <3735AFF2.2C7106D9@aol.com>
Speaking of open spaces, Kansas City or there abouts isn't that bad a
place of the country, unless of course in terms of nice heightfield
territory :) I was thinking of distances as the crow flies and leaving out
the extreme corners of the country to boot. But yes, I guess one way or
another it would be more like a week and a half round trip for some in the
U.S.
Yeah, I know, fear of flying. Oh well, and even after more than a half
dozen car accidents to compare with so far. But I've never gone over a
cliff yet either, and that would still be a far different thing than
plummeting several miles (sky diving or bungee jumping? no way!). Actually
it's even moreso to do with my inability to let others drive the vehicle.
I'd fly in a plane I was piloting much sooner than cram myself into a bus
or train load of people.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe