POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Maps question Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:35:28 EDT (-0400)
  Image Maps question (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Mike Metheny
Subject: Image Maps question
Date: 4 May 1999 01:54:49
Message: <372e7d99.0@news.povray.org>
Okay, I have a glass bottle.  I want to put a logo on said bottle.  I use
the keyword 'once' in my imagemap, and position it as I want it, however
there are 2 images. . .one on the front and one on the back of the bottle.
What is the easiest way to remedy this?

--

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

Post a reply to this message

> Okay, I have a glass bottle.  I want to put a logo on said bottle.  I use
> the keyword 'once' in my imagemap, and position it as I want it, however
> there are 2 images. . .one on the front and one on the back of the bottle.
> What is the easiest way to remedy this?
>
> --
>
> Mike Metheny
> lon### [at] vtedu
> mik### [at] loneshepherdcom
> http://www.loneshepherd.com/

  Apply the image to a seperate object that has the same surface definitions
of the original but has only the surface area you wish to cover. Then apply
this hopefully very thin object as a decal or label to the original. It's
kinda cheesy but it works.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

<<Apply the image to a seperate object that has the same surface definitions
of the original but has only the surface area you wish to cover. Then apply
this hopefully very thin object as a decal or label to the original. It's
kinda cheesy but it works

Sigh. . .that's what I've done in the past but I was hoping there'd be an
easier way around this. . .oh well guess it's time to chop it up with CSG. .
.hopefully it won't look too bad. . .I'm just afraid it'll look funny since
it's glass.

--

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu
mik### [at] loneshepherdcom
http://www.loneshepherd.com/

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

Post a reply to this message

> <<Apply the image to a seperate object that has the same surface definitions
> of the original but has only the surface area you wish to cover. Then apply
> this hopefully very thin object as a decal or label to the original. It's
> kinda cheesy but it works
>
> Sigh. . .that's what I've done in the past but I was hoping there'd be an
> easier way around this. . .oh well guess it's time to chop it up with CSG. .
> .hopefully it won't look too bad. . .I'm just afraid it'll look funny since
> it's glass.
>
> --
>
> Mike Metheny
> lon### [at] vtedu
> mik### [at] loneshepherdcom
> http://www.loneshepherd.com/
>
> "When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

  My recommendation was of course based on the official version of Pov.
I think there might be an option in the UV pov patched version that
would let you go around the image map being treated as a solid texture.
I can't remember for sure so am hesitnt to say more at this time.

 Mr. Kopp if you read this would you care to confirm or deny this one way
or another ?